Saturday, July 4, 2009

Young ruffians

A few days ago, I went with some of Home & Life's staff members to go pick up the kids from school.

When we arrived, they piled into the back of truck, and we drove off. Alnog the way, we passed some of Kop's friends (Kop is 13). One friend immediately stuck his middle finger in the air and gestured repeatedly in Kop's direction. Kop returned the favor.

This delightful little exchange wasn't what surprised me. What surprised me was that Sun (age 8), who was sitting across from me and Kop at the time, then stuck his head out the back of the truck and yelled "Hiieeeiii! Fuck you!" (in English, needless to say) at the friend.

I burst out laughing, because to my knowledge, the ONLY English phrases this 8 year old kid knows are "My name is Sun," "How are you?", "I'm fine," and "Hey, fuck you!"

Not a bad selection, really.

btj

No comments:

Post a Comment