Thursday, May 21, 2009

My midlife crisis

I've decided to have my mid-life crisis at least 10 years early.

Why?

Because I rode on the back of a motorcycle today, in Chau Doc in Vietnam, right across the Cambodian border.

It was shocking, joyful, unadulterated fun. Now I want to drive a motorcycle, and a mid-life crisis is a good excuse to get one. Riding on this motorcycle made me feel (cliche alert!) completely free, the wind in my hair, experiencing the majesty of the open road, etc etc.



And I had these feelings when I was riding on the back. Just imagine, if you will, what it'd be like to drive one of these suckers, weaving in and out of traffic, passing those who are tragically less cool than you, and living life on your terms. Yeah.

(Now I know why those jackasses on motorcycles insist on splitting lanes and speeding even when it's clearly dangerous.)

btj

1 comment:

  1. Yeah - isn't it awesome?? I love riding a motorcycle. I tried to learn to drive one though, and it wasn't that great... I decided I only liked riding on the back and let someone else do all the work, but those opportunities are few and hard to come by it seems. :)

    ReplyDelete