Thursday, May 21, 2009

A tough life

Not to complain about my vacation, but it's pretty tiring to get up early and fill every day with loads of activities. Plus, there are long hours on buses, boats, and trains, and it's, like, really hot and muggy. *Violin playing a sad song, just for me*

That's why I decided to go on a vacation from my vacation -- Sihanoukville in southern Cambodia is an unabashed tourist beach paradise, where I relaxed, snorkeled, and read long novels. Of course, behind the facade was a horror of impoverished Cambodians scraping a meager living off of wealthy, pasty-faced tourists like me, but I managed to relax anyway.


Now that I've reread this post, I think the social commentary is getting a bit tiresome. I'll try to edit myself a bit more. Maybe as a stretch goal, to even post something that lacks liberal guilt!

btj

No comments:

Post a Comment